Friday, October 12, 2012

Canyon Lake Music and Arts Festival 2012 - BirdCity

Two words come to mind when I think of BirdCity....

FUCKING RAD. 

Like a rare vintage wine, BirdCity brings a little Me First and the Gimme Gimme's to the table, and for those of you who know local band Carolines Spine, Loki brings that sound, the one you dream about. The one that makes you feel like you're in a scene from a Midsummers Night. THIS is the soundtrack for your dreams.

Forget Rick Flair and Nature boy, BirdCity is the only Flair that matters. Proud of their hometown, Phoenix, AZ, Birdcity represents everything that is RIGHT with local music. Fresh. 

I love the way they pull off the classic rock songs, hitting notes and beats that would make Jim Morrison tap his foot. You can't label their sound. They aren't punk, adult alternative, they aren't even rock. They will go down in history as being in a genre all their own. Legends in their own right.

Standing in the grass at the Canyon Lake Music and Arts fest, I realized that my feet were planted firmly, eyes closed, letting the sounds seep into my soul washing away my worries and giving me a chance to be a part of something much bigger. 

The sounds from Bird City gently stroking my ear drums, Loki singing his rendition of Awolnations Sail, I was transformed. Music feeds the soul, and I have a fat kid soul. Beautiful. Fresh. Heart thumping. Unbridled. 

Worth a listen. But only because Bird City is FUCKING RAD. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment